To Our Valued Patients:
All Grover Dental Care offices remain OPEN.
We value your loyalty and trust in our ability to provide the highest quality dental care in the safest environment possible. While many things have changed, the one thing that has remained the same is our office’s commitment to your health and safety. We will continue to follow the highest infection control standards with additional measures such as increased Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protocols.
Please take a moment to carefully review how the COVID-19 office protocol and procedures will impact your next scheduled appointment. See below:
Download a PDF version of our Covid-19 Protocols & Procedures here.
Before Your Appointment
If we need a complete medical history you will be asked to download the form from our website, complete and bring to your appointment. If that is not an option we will take the medical history over the phone.
Covid-19 mandatory questions will be asked of ALL patients:
Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
Have you tested positive or been in close contact with someone who was Covid positive without wearing appropriate PPE?
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense/taste/smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
- Nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/abdomonal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other know cause
If you are 70 years of age or older and are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Unexplained or increased number of falls
- Acute functional decline
- Worsening of chronic conditions
If the response to ALL of the screening questions is NO: COVID Screen is Negative.
If the response to ANY of the screening questions is YES: COVID Screen is Positive.
COVID Screen Negative patients – may be seen in the office.
COVID Screen Positive patients – If a patient reports or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, we must defer your appointment until you have consulted with your physician and/ or after you are symptom-free following 14 days of self-isolation.
Day of Your Appointment
For the safety and protection of the patients that have booked appointments, our practice doors are locked with appropriate signage directing walk-in patients to call and book an appointment.
- When you arrive at our practice, we need you to please phone our team from your car. You will be asked to attend the appointment alone and to bring your own facemask and masks for any essential accompanying individuals. Only one person may attend with a child or a person who requires assistance.
- You and any “essential individual” who is accompanying you will be asked the same COVID-19 screening questions again while in your vehicle or outside the office. An essential individual is ONLY a translator, parent, guardian, or other support individual essential to your visit. All other individuals must wait outside of the office. Essential individuals will also be encouraged to wait in the car after accompanying you. If not practical, they will follow the same protocol below for your arrival (wear a mask, temperature taken, wash hands), then asked to wait in the reception area where there are appropriate social distancing protocols in place. They will not be allowed in the treatment room.
- If you say “yes” for any of the Covid-19 screening questions, (including the accompanying person) then we will reschedule your appointment.
- The Greeter will take your temperature and blood oxygen level (of every person entering the premises) at the door. If your temperature is 37.8°C (100°F) or higher then we will reschedule 14 days out. Normal blood oxygen is 94-100%. If you present with 92% or lower, we will refer you to your doctor.
- You will be asked to put on your mask.
- You will be asked to rub hand sanitizer on your hands – please follow the instructions on how to rub your hands.
- The Greeter will ask if you need to use the washroom prior to treatment starting, as you will not be allowed to leave the treatment room mid-treatment.
- The Greeter will unlock the door to the washroom for you.
- The Greeter will then escort you to your treatment room where your Doctor or Hygienist will be waiting to see you.
In Treatment Room
- You will be asked to rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse for 60 seconds. It is spit back into the cup. Please do not spit in sinks that are used for hand washing.
- Your Doctor will review your general medical history. Your blood pressure will be taken.
- We will put on a bib and give you safety eye protection.
- After the procedure is done, you will be asked to put your mask back on. The Doctor will escort you from the room to the front desk where you will be asked by the Administrator for payment. For your protection, the payment terminal will be covered in saran wrap prior to you touching the buttons (if tap is not an option).
- Your receipt and/or your copy of the insurance remittance will be given to you to take home.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer before exiting.
- Any pens used by you or your guest will become yours to keep!
Friendly | Warm | Professional